Thank you so much for your interest in this ministry. We see our clients as gifts to us from God. As such, we want to be good stewards of our clients and make sure that our volunteers are highly screened and well-trained. Towards this end, we have developed the following volunteer application process. No prior training or special skills are required, except where otherwise stated; God equips the called. Please prayerfully consider joining our team. We look forward to hearing from you.
- Carefully read our Statement of Faith, Statement of Principle, and Volunteer Commitment Form. These three pretty well explain our philosophy around here. If you agree, then we’re probably a good fit for each other.
- The next step is to set up an appointment for you to come in for a tour. I’ll be happy to show you around and you can see all the different aspects of the ministry so you can start getting an idea of where you’d like to plug in. To request a tour email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- During your tour, you will receive an application packet. Please take your time filling this out, as the questions are designed to be thought-provoking in preparation for the next step, the interview. As part of the application paperwork, you are required to consent to a criminal background check and get 3 references: 2 from friends (people who have known you for a while and can attest to your character) and 1 from a pastor/spiritual leader (this does not necessarily have to be a clergy person – anyone in a position of authority over you in your spiritual life would qualify, for example, your Sunday school teacher or a life group leader.)
- After your application paperwork is approved, you will be contacted to schedule an interview. Please plan on spending about 2 hours here while we get to know each other better.
We have a list of on-going opportunities for volunteer service. Currently, we have a particular need in the following areas:
- Mentors needed for our new Client Mentoring program. Mentors will be trained to assist clients in goal setting during their pregnancy while taking them through a faith-based curriculum on healthy pregnancy, parenting, relationships, finances and spiritual and emotional health. Mentors meet with clients one/one at the Center every two weeks. Call (210-614-5433) or email (email@example.com) for more information.
- Client Advocates who counsel clients about pregnancy options, STDs, abstinence, and a variety of life issues.
- Data Entry
- Nurse Sonographers (must be a RN)