STATEMENT OF VOLUNTEER COMMITMENT
- I have read and am in agreement with thePregnancyCareCenter’s Statement of Faith.
- I have read and agree to follow thePregnancyCareCenter’s Statement of Principle.
- I am committed to the following five essential principles:
A firm commitment to the sanctity of human life. (I will not refer a client for an abortion under any circumstances.)
- A commitment to the woman seeking help in the PCC; she is my primary concern.
- A commitment to uphold biblical values and not confuse them with cultural values.
- A commitment to maintaining confidentiality in regard to the clients of the PCC. (I will not mention their names outside the center for any reason – a pseudonym will be used for making prayer requests. I will not notify their parents, husband, or anyone else of their visit to the center or of their possible pregnancy.)
- A commitment to maintaining a lifestyle of sexual purity for myself.
4. I am committed to being discrete about the confidential information regarding the Pregnancy Care Center, donors, other volunteers, or employees while I am a volunteer; I will continue to protect this information even after leaving the Center.
5. I am committed to work my scheduled shift and to arrive on time in order to be prepared spiritually and physically to minister. If I am a Client Advocate and need to be absent, I will make every attempt to find a substitute.
6. I am committed to attending the ongoing training seminars as a means of receiving continuing education, encouragement, and prayer support.
7. If I am a Client Advocate, I am committed to maintaining contact with my clients until they make a firm decision. I will follow up with each client according to Center policy.
8. I am committed to pray often for the clients, volunteers, staff, and board of the Pregnancy Care Center.
9. I am committed to the Pregnancy Care Center’s policy on adoption. The PCC does not refer for and is never a party in any way to an independent adoption. Referrals are made only to licensed adoption agencies.
10. I am committed to the Pregnancy Care Center’s policy on birth control and will not under any circumstance recommend or refer any client for any form of birth control.
11. I am committed to serving all clients with an attitude that demonstrates the unconditional love of Christ. I understand that many of them are in crisis and may be difficult to work with; however I will commit to always be cordial and loving and make sure they know that the center is a safe haven for them where they will always feel welcome.